Thursday, August 13, 2009

Seniors Have A Lot to Offer

I asked one of my students Roy Abramowitz to ask his inlaws what the secret to longevity was here are their answers:

(Excerpt of a email received Today)

I spoke to my 92 year old inlaws. They told me the following:

1) Most important faith in God, active in church and read the bible

2)They do not get stressed over things. I.E. My father-in-law lost his wallet Monday at the Legend's club with all his ID and $450. Realized it at home. He did not get upset just told me he will pray. Believe this! I called the club and they found it the next morning under the table with the cash untouched. Devine intervention? He thinks so.

3)John grew up in Watertown, NY. Ilene on a farm in Kansas. No pollution, less stressful life, always believed in community and the church.

4)Happy with what they have.

5)Love of family.

6)Never smoked, never took drugs. Only drink wine occassionally.

7)Avoid Doctors.

8)Avoid drugs, Ilene does not even take aspirins. Will not take the bone density medication prescribed for her.

9)Love of country.

10) They do not anger and hold no grudges. They forgive

11)My observation. They just love life and family. Do not stress over what they do not have. Accept they place in life as ordained by the creator.

Many lessons for me to learn!

Regards

Roy

No comments:

Kenpo Salutation Explained